What's the largest tire I can fit on the Discovery?
I know I got this from Discoweb:
A lot depends on how much sheetmetal you are willing to cut.
Tire fitment guide:
• 235/70-16: Stock Discovery tire size.
• 205/80-16: Stock size in many other countries. same height as 235/70-16.
• 255/65-16: same height as stock
• 225/75-16: little taller than stock
• 245/70-16: little taller and wider than the stock size. reportedly, no need for lift or trimming to fit those tires.
• 245/75-16: most popular size for OME suspension lifted vehicles. require slight trimming on the rear wheel well fender, and may also call for adjustment on the steering bumpstops.
• 215/85-16: same height as 245/75-16. but narrower. seems to be preferred for the snow and mud.
• 265/70-16: about as tall as 245/75-16, but wider. will require more trimming and steering bump stops adjustments along with taller bump stops over the rear axle.
• 265/75-16: almost 32" tall. Same as stock NAS D90 tires. Will require even more trimming.
• 235/85-16: same height as 265/75-16 but narrower.
• 255/85-16: about 33" tall...very few people have fitted this size. Lots of butchering for this one, including rear doors.
• 285/75-16: about 33" also... but very very wide.
Seems that the "sane" limit is at 33 inchers. But, you can go taller, along with body lifts and more butchering.