PDA

View Full Version : oxygen sensor source

Sprotticus
06-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I am changing out all of the oxygen sensors on my 97 Disco. I see that Rovers North has them at $100 each but other sources have them at $25. Are they all the same or should I go with the source I know?

Joey
06-26-2011, 07:25 PM
I haven't priced them in a while, but figure on the $100 ones... the ones for $25 will require some fancy soldering work and may not fit. The Rover has a very small O2 sensor and sadly can't be bought just anywhere.

Remember you need 4 of them and to make sure you get the correct one for your 97.

It depends on if you have the advance evap setup or not. Based on VIN #

Sprotticus
06-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks Joey, I don't know what I was looking at but the cheap sensors didn't existing anyway. Funny I changed the front sensors about 8 years ago and have been getting a check engine light when it heated up ever since. I wonder if that will go away when I know I put the correct oxygen sensors on.

binvanna
10-03-2012, 01:50 PM
How do you know when to replace them? I have a 98 with 118k. It seems to run fine but doesn't go up hills on the highway very well. It accelerates good on the level but the grades it just bogs down and has a hard time going over 55 or 60. Like I said, it will speed away from a stop light with plenty of power... drives up to 75 or more on the level. Those hills kill it. With the specs on the V8, shouldn't be.

I wonder if it's O2 sensors, clogged cats, worn cam, MAF... looking for clues. Thanks