PDA

View Full Version : overheating 96 disco

UKSPEED
04-11-2011, 02:46 PM
ok well like so many others i have a 96 disco which i can drive for almost twenty minutes until it starts to run hot sometimes longer depending on if i am on the high way or not. Changed the water pump, expansion tank, fan clutch, cap, it ran great all winter i am guessing because of the cold weather!
131000 miles but runs and drives great except for the getting hot problem!
4.0 if anyone has anything give me a shout thx!!

Joey
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
I would start by having your antifreeze tested for engine gasses to make sure you don't have a blown head gasket... if that is good have them pressure check your Radiator. Sadly the Radiators on Disco's are not cheap and they also don't do well when anyone adds anything other than distilled water. They will clog up faster than you can drive it.

UKSPEED
04-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I actually brought it down to my local car guru I have known since i was a kid and he screamed radiator due to the soft hoses and the fact that in cooler weather today it took approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes of local street driving to get it hot and not even fully over heated just hotter than normal then when parked when first hot it would hold that hotter temp for a few minutes before starting to rise again
thx for the parts link!! Lee.........aka Ulysses