PDA

View Full Version : non starter

dai27/7
06-11-2014, 02:51 PM
I have a 2001 TD5 which i love and cannot imagine beign without it. This last week I have had a spot of bother, I put the key in the Ingnition and she starts from cold, I drive her about for 2 hrs,then stop for about 2 hrs then she starts up again go about 10 miles from my home switch off try to restart from hot nothing. All the lights on the dash do come on.
1 I do not think its the immobilisor. if it were this, surely the alarm would sound if switch was opreated. As the doors activate and disengage on the key remote.
2 The starter does not turn at all when i turn the switch no clicking of the solenoid.
3 Could it be an earth problem, also my thaughts are could it be a dodgey relay getting to warm, or the switch barrel itself.
4 Have not tried this yet but will check if i get a 12v supply to the starter once the switch it turned this would prove, either it is a starter problem or a relay problem.
Does anyone have any ideas please thanks
dai

Joey
06-12-2014, 07:53 AM
When a vehicle does not crank when hot, I start with the battery first, then the starter? Test both.