PDA

View Full Version : Electrical nightmare & 3 Amigos

Geoffman
11-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi
My Disco seems to have an electrical fault. I put key in ignition and turn once and all dash warning lights come on and go off as they should but when I turn headlights on full (before starting engine) the 3 Amigos light up. If I turn lights off the Amigos go off. If I turn hazard lamp on the 3 Amigos come on and if I turn hazard off; they go off. If start engine I get no Amigos and brakes all fine.

When I turn headlights on the dash seems to dim in brightness so wonder if this is an electric fuse or relay issue or speed sensor.

Any ideas? :confused:

Joey
11-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Sounds like the fuse block under the hood by the battery has some corrosion. Normally I would say just replace it... sadly it isn't cheap.

Geoffman
11-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've booked car in to Land Rover this Friday & will see what their test platform / diagnostic comes back with. Hopefully not a big job as I've had 3 this year already. (New ABS modulator, fuel pressure regulator and tyres. Can't remember what savings look like!)

Joey
11-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Sadly going to the dealer may be part of the savings issue... find someone who works on them near you that isn't the dealer.