PDA

View Full Version : D1 Header install info

Joey
03-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Here is the info I sent to someone else earlier about the headers. I hope this helps, it is not all in perfect order, but it is a lot of info about
the headers and installing them. Like I say below, it wasn't fun, but it works.

Yes, these are Headman headers part# 39800 if I recall correctly. I ordered them from jet-hot (coated inside and out) I would say that my engine
compartment temp has gone down a lot, the motor runs better and I can even tell that this motor has some more power and torque. (haven't dino'd it,
but by seat of the pant dino says more power).

The only mods I had to make were for the steering arm (small bend in pipe), and the knock sensor (not an issue for non-OBDII LR's)

If you have any questions, or need pics or anything, email back.

My invoice from Jet-Hot was $321(US) for HD39800 and $25 for shipping and handling total $346. They are coated inside and out and they say they will
never rust through, if they do, they will recoat them for free. If you just want the uncoated version, you can get them from summit racing for $109.

I called Jet-Hot Direct and ordered mine, they took about 2 weeks to get to my house from time of order.

I currently only run the clutch fan in the summer and remove it in the winter, I plan to install my Flex-a-lite Model 295 soon, but need to make a couple small changes in order for it to fit. I looked at the Kenlowe fans, but it just didn't seem large enough to keep the LR cool on hot summer days with the A/C running.

I also plain to add a Cam sometime in the future, but that will probably be next summer (my wife is not happy with me spending all my money making
changes to the Disco, and I haven't even ordered my Bumper, Winch, and recovery gear yet....).

As per Bill Rhoads (his number is below) who works on LR's and makes this type of aftermarket change all the time. He said I may have to add a washer to the drivers side motor mount to make them fit, but probably not (I did not have to add a washer, just had to mod the header a little to make it fit around the steering arm and the knock sensor. Below is more info:

(CAT INFO from SUMMIT) Also I talked with Summit Tech department (he is the one who suggested jet hot) and he informed me that the CTO-2540 2 1/4 Cats are $75 from summit and are list for the Land Rover OBDII. If you call they are listed under Range Rover, not Land Rover, but the do have them under Discovery...Got to love that.

"The following info I got off of another LR web Site"

"Only headers I've found in the US are Hedman Headers. Summit Racing (mail order house) 1-800-230-3030 has them for $119.88 Part number 39800. These
are for a '87 Range Rover, but may work for the D90. There's other sources in the UK and Australia if you want to pay high bucks and high shipping. You
can also have them "Jet coated" for around $300 but that's way too rich for my blood. (Jet coat is a high temp ceramic coating). I think the Jet Hot
makes them lot's quieter.

Good luck,
Yes the Rangie headers are out there, and they will work for the D90...My pair should be in in about a month...Call headman directly (their service
number, not the dealers) and chat with them.

The part number is: 39806 (I'm not sure if it's coated or non-coated)...If your still having trouble call Bill Rhoads at (505)471-3888...He'll give ya'
a screamin' deal on them too!"